2011 Harley-Davidson® XL883L SuperLow™ - Two Tone Color Options
The brand NEW 2011 Harley-Davidson Sportster SuperLow XL883L has all the new motorcycle features you want for easy handling. This easy to ride motorcycle offered at an affordable price makes this all new motorcycle one to try. The Harley SuperLow features: Sportster tank, longer travel rear suspension, low seat height, and comfortable rider cock-pit. The Sportster tank is the classic Sportster peanut tank, with a 4.5 gallon capacity. And all SuperLow Sportster tanks are finished by hand and ooze authentic, premium Harley-Davidson custom style. Take the time to learn about all of the styling features and handling characteristics of the new 2011 Harley-Davidson SuperLow XL883L that make it authentic Harley and a different riding experience from other Sportsters. Also spend some time learning about other Sportsters including the Forty-Eight Dark Custom, or the Showa adjustable suspension on the new XR1200X. The 1200 Low is another one of the custom motorcycles and has a unique offering. Find the Harley Sportster that's right for you!
Currently the longest running Harley-Davidson® family in production, your 2011 Sportster® motorcycle is a narrow, nimble and no-nonsense machine that brings a whole new level of fun to every lane, alley and corner you take it through. All the best action happens at street level, with low seat heights and agile handling, these motorcycles get you closer to it.
- Premium styling features: The value and quality of the confidence-inspiring SuperLow® model is unparalleled in its class. With a true Harley-Davidson® rumble, steel parts, premium paint and flawless chrome, this model reveals its authentic American motorcycle roots in every inch of detail.
- Walnut fuel tank: The 4.5-gallon walnut fuel tank offers spacious fuel capacity for a low-profile tank. It's tough, iconic and it leaves a good amount of room to show off more V-Twin. The tank graphic showcases the unique styling of the SuperLow™ motorcycles; as if the tank came right off the calligrapher's brush.
- Premium paint: Up to two times thicker than the competition, custom quality paint comes standard on all Harley-Davidson® motorcycles. Clearcoat layering up to five mils deep. Bigger metal flakes. Unique effects in the pearl colors. Skimping simply is not in our vocabulary.
- Hand finished fuel tank: All Harley-Davidson® fuel tanks are finished by hand--that's what makes them stand out from the competition. Their seamless design and unmatched style are unique among all motorcycles on the road. The tanks are one of the first and last things people notice when they lay their eyes on a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle--so we make it worth their time.
- Evolution® engine heritage: The Evolution® engine--known in certain crowds as the Blockhead--was first bolted to the frame of a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle back in 1984. Born from legendary Shovelhead and Ironhead engines, the Evolution® engine broke new ground in displacement innovation while maintaining the hunger for power, durability and proven reliability that The Motor Company was built on.
- Evolution® engine innovation: Air-cooled and durable as hell, the 1200cc Evolution® engine is yet another nod to the unwavering work ethic that drives advancements in motor technology at Harley-Davidson®. Aluminum heads and cylinders lighten the load of the bike and improve air-cooling efficiency. Electronic fuel injection says goodbye to carburetors and boasts increased reliability and less routine maintenance. Bottom line: the rubber-mounted Evolution® engine runs hard and rides smooth for thousands of miles so you can just worry about taking in the freedom of the open road.
- Pure Harley-Davidson® styling: Feast your eyes on the 1200cc Evolution® engine and there's no mistaking its roots. This is authentic Harley-Davidson® style through and through with an attention to detail you won't find from any other motorcycle company. Medium gray engine with black powder-coated cylinders and cylinder heads are topped off with polished rocker covers. It's a jewel machined out of metal. Pure. Dripping with power. From the classic edge of the cooling fins to the clean lines of the cases and covers--the 1200cc Evolution® engine makes an ironclad statement to holding on to what's right and staying true to what satisfies the rider.
- Classic Harley-Davidson® rumble: Iconic, fierce, the most distinct decibels you'll ever hear bouncing off city canyons or scenic country landscapes. The sound of a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle has a rich history of its own. It's a classic roar. It's the sound of freedom, soul and self-expression.
- Artfully hidden technology: Harley-Davidson® leverages the latest in technology without compromising style and function. That means we hide electronics. The whole wiring harness is skillfully routed behind the jewels of the bike--the tank, engine and all the other eye-popping features you want to see. It's just another way The Motor Company goes the extra mile to give its bikes that premium, top-of-the-line fit and finish.
- Intuitive controls: Hand controls on a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle are incredibly intuitive. The turn signals are self-canceling and, based on the speed and angle of the motorcycle, they know how long to stay on. Engaging the controls quickly becomes second nature so you can focus less on turning off your signal and more on basking in the freedom of the ride.
- H-D® Smart Security System (optional): The factory installed next-generation security system features a hands-free fob that automatically arms and disarms the vehicle electronic security functions as you approach and walk away from the bike. Stick the fob on your ignition key ring and let it do all the work. It's this attention to details and security that make Harley-Davidson® motorcycles unique.
- Comfortable cockpit: A combination of a low bucket seat, longer travel rear suspension and easy-grip handlebar creates a comfortable riding position for a wide range of riders. Ergonomically sound, this bike helps build confidence in all aspects of your journey--from lifting it off its side stand to handling and turning, and every bump, twisty and stop in between.
- Advanced front end geometry: A lighter feeling, highly maneuverable front end on the SuperLow™ model helps build rider confidence, especially when operating the bike at lower speeds. Lightweight front forks and triple clamps, and an 18 inch front wheel diameter combine to offer a smooth ride with easy handling. This is freedom on two wheels.
- Enhanced low speed maneuverability: With an 18 inch wheel up front and a 17 inch wheel backing it up at the tail end, the light wheels and radial tires on the SuperLow™ motorcycle make handling a cinch. Cast black split 5-spoke machined rims weigh less and get you through turns and other low-speed maneuvers easily.
- Final drive ratio: Experience smooth handling at slow speed and easy acceleration off the line with the final drive ratio found on the SuperLow™ motorcycle. Electronic fuel injection coupled with trouble-free handling help create a confidence-inspiring ride that's perfect for anyone just beginning their journey on two wheels.
- Unique rear suspension: A lower, longer travel rear suspension on the SuperLow™ motorcycle sets you up with additional comfort on the road without sacrificing seat height. This unique suspension helps the SuperLow™ motorcycle barrel through bumps and other unexpected road conditions with ease.
- Low seat height: The low, ergonomic seat on the SuperLow™ model provides the ultimate in handling confidence. The combination of a low, 25.5 inch seat height plus a narrow frame makes it easy to maneuver your ride through turns and down straights at varying speeds. Just toss a leg over and crack the throttle--feel the freedom.
- Tuned to be ridden: Harley-Davidson® motorcycles are different from any other bike out on the road. There's a balance to them. The steering, the maneuverability--it's all in concert. And each Harley-Davidson® model is tuned differently to create a unique riding experience for each individual no matter which bike they swing their leg over. Let's face it, we didn't get to where we are by being like everyone else.
- Mid-mounted controls: Let your boots fall where they may, naturally to the mid-mounted controls and rider foot pegs on the SuperLow™ model. An easy reach and tight rider triangle is confidence-inspiring for new riders eager to set off on their journey and riders whose legs run slightly shorter than others.
- Seat engineering and design: The seat is home for Harley-Davidson® motorcycle riders. They want a seat that has unique style without sacrificing comfort. Because of that, Harley-Davidson® invests a lot of time in researching, designing and testing seats so that every bike has just the right saddle.
- Length: 86.1 in. (2187 mm)
- Seat Height, Laden: 25.5 in. (648 mm)
- Seat Height, Unladen: 26.8 in. (681 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 3.8 in. (97 mm)
- Rake Steering Head: 31°
- Trail: 5.7 in. (145 mm)
- Wheelbase: 59.3 in. (1506 mm)
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gal (17 l)
- Oil Capacity: 2.8 qt. (2.6 l)
- Dry Weight: 536 lbs. (234.1 kg)
- Running Order Weight: 563 lbs. (255.4 kg)
- Engine: Air-cooled, Evolution®
- Displacement: 53.9 cu. in. (883 cc)
- Bore x Stroke: 3 in. / 3.812 in. (76.2 mm / 96.8 mm)
- Engine Torque: 55 ft. lbs. @ 3500 rpm (J1349, 74 Nm @ 3750 rpm)
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Compression Ratio: 8.9:1
- Primary Drive: Chain, 34/57 ratio
- Fuel Economy City: 45 mpg (5.23 l/100km)
- Fuel Economy Hwy: 60 mpg (3.92 l/100km)
- Gear Ratio 1st: 10.407
- Gear Ratio 2nd: 7.436
- Gear Ratio 3rd: 5.53
- Gear Ratio 4th: 4.583
- Gear Ratio 5th: 3.93
- Front Wheel: Black, Split 5-Spoke with Machined Rim
- Rear Wheel: Black, Split 5-Spoke with Machined Rim
- Front Tire: 120/70 ZR-18
- Rear Tire: 150/60 ZR-17
- Instruments: Handlebar-mounted electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock, dual tripmeter, low fuel warning light, low oil pressure light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights
- Indicator Lamps: High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, low fuel warnings, low battery, security system (optional)
- Front Brakes: Dual-piston
- Rear Brakes: Single-piston rear
- Exhaust System: Chrome, staggered shorty exhaust with dual mufflers
- Merlot Sunglo/Vivid Black
- Birch White/Sedona Orange
- Engine Type
- Air-cooled, Evolution®
- 883 cc (53.9 cu. in.)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3 in./3.812 in. (76.2 mm/96.8 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Front Brakes
- Rear Brakes
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR-18
- Rear Tire
- 150/60 ZR-17
- 59.3 in. (1506 mm)
- Seat Height
- 25.5 in. (648 mm)
- 31 deg.
- 5.7 in. (145 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.5 gal (17 l)
- City: 45 mpg (5.23 l/100km), Hwy: 60 mpg (3.92 l/100km)
- Dry Weight
- 536 lbs. (234.1 kg)
- Final Drive
- Chain, 34/57 ratio
- Merlot Sunglo/Vivid Black, Birch White/Sedona Orange